Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds.” We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
About analytics at Dataminr:
Our business has a deep interest in analytics and how data drives decision-making. We identify problems and draw upon our technical skills to solve them. We couple logic with our wide range of backgrounds in data analytics to develop procedures for problem solving.
Who you are:
You are innovative and adaptable, with an ability to juggle multiple projects at one time. You have have an analytical mindset and are excited to learn more about the data and tools that will drive key decision making within our commercial business.
- Maintain and evolve existing weekly and monthly reporting for the Sales Ops department.
- Reporting & Analytics
- Responsible for pulling together relevant information from a variety of sources to identify trends and measurable patterns to support decision making.
- Gather requirements from Sales Ops Leadership group to design or modify reports, conduct testing, and implement processes.
- Process Improvement & SharePoint
- Identify opportunities for process improvement to streamline, reduce rework and improve data integrity.
- Maintain Coordinator Processes SharePoint page and create & maintain additional pages as appropriate.
- Create & maintain SharePoint Custom Lists and connected Microsoft Flows.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You will have a passion for technology and current events
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a data analytics related capacity
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or demonstrated interest in using data analysis
- Adeptness in and passion for data analytical research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.