Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds.” We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about joining our team and working with our data sets to help expand and analyze the effectiveness of our coverage of breaking news events. You should have a passion for and in depth understanding of global current events. As our Research and Development intern you will have exposure to our company research methods, innovation and data that drives Dataminr.
- Contribute to single ongoing research project assigned by R&D Manager.
- Contribute to ongoing projects with varying degrees of frequency as well as one-time ad-hoc projects.
- Learn and utilize data analytic skills to succinctly summarize large amounts of data in a way that is easily digestible to our internal stakeholders.
- Present research findings to management team.
- Opportunity for one-on-one introduction meetings with Directors across departments.
- 16 week Internship.
- 12 hours a week.
- Flexible working days (agreed upon with R&D Manager).
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international relations, journalism, or related field.
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in handling large data sets.
- Knowledge of current events, in particular EMEA focus and international security issues.
- Adeptness in and passion for investigative research.
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our offering of perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.