Type: Full Time
Experience: All Levels
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You’re a research scientist who has published in top tier conferences and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, and are an excellent collaborator and communicator.
- Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: transfer learning, reinforcement learning, active learning, information diffusion, image/video/text event classification & semantics, etc.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing and new products).
- Contribute to the research community via publications in top tier venues, participation in program committees, etc.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in one or several of the following topics above, with demonstrated ability to deliver practical solutions.
- Outstanding publication record (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, etc.).
- Experience in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments and demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
- Familiarity with machine learning and practical experience in training and deploying models (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Professional experience in industry (requirement varies depending on level; recent graduates must have had relevant internships).
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training
- Generous leave and flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Note: For this role, only candidates with Ph.D.s in the areas above will be considered. If you do not meet that requirement please consider either the Data Scientist or other positions.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.