Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 3+ years
Who We Are
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Our web stack uses NodeJS/Express, React+Redux and Docker amongst many others. Our mobile stack uses a blend of Objective-C, Java and React Native for iOS and Android.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with teams in engineering, business development and client services to deliver groundbreaking products for our clients.
In the first month, you'll:
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web and inbox.
- get up to speed on our web and mobile stack with overview sessions and deep dives with our team.
- be contributing code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- develop features in the web, mobile and service layer across many apps.
- be sharing responsibility for several apps and shared components with your team.
- help to plan new features and architecture improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in mentoring new members of the growing team.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- be designing significant features that impact multiple platforms and apps.
- be influential in the direction of the team’s technical roadmap, introducing new concepts and practices that improve the experience of clients and streamlines developer experience.
- grow a diverse team to make sure we have the right mix of skills, experience and approach for the future.
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training
- Generous leave and flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.