Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a bright and self-motivated field marketing professional with excellent communication and collaboration skills who will play a critical role in driving the success of Dataminr’s Public Sector businesses at the Federal, State and Local levels.
You're passionate about understanding customers, and working with Sales teams to develop field programs to support their needs, relying heavily on events (both proprietary and third party) as a strategic lever to drive key account acquisition, retention, and expansion. You love integrating yourself into a Sales team to effectively build marketing campaigns and programs that drive attendance, accelerate the sales cycle, and maximize conversions. You're highly metrics-driven and have a track record in executing integrated, streamlined marketing programs on both a strategic and tactical level.
- Partner closely with Sales teams to design, plan and execute impactful marketing plans that drive prospect engagement, conversion and awareness against key accounts
- Understand specific challenges of strategic accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming - to drive user growth and revenue expansion.
- Conduct market research and evaluation to understand regional and account opportunities
- Identify, coordinate, execute, and measure critical third-party and proprietary events globally
- Manage all aspects of event planning and coordination including selecting relevant events, negotiating contracts, managing vendors and event staff, spearheading client communications and meetings, working on sales participation and process, preparing booth materials (on-site visual presence, collateral and giveaways), creating event campaigns on Salesforce and inputting leads into marketing CRM
- Plan and manage the flow of leads from field events and programs into marketing automation systems and Sales teams to maximize pipeline generation and conversion
- Conduct post-event evaluations and ROI analysis, and share reports and learnings with Marketing and Sales teams
- Audit calendar of currently-planned events against strategic criteria to determine audience fit
- Identify potential new event opportunities against strategic criteria and marketing plans to ensure Dataminr is present at the right conferences in the right locations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create new and update existing marketing materials, presentations and/or assets for tradeshows
- Ensure consistency of messaging and brand alignment in materials and communication
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in field marketing or related role
- Experience developing, executing and tracking results tied to event-based marketing plans
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills, especially around time-sensitive activities on a global basis
- Exceptional project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and juggle multiple and competing priorities
- Understanding of best practices when writing creative briefs and working with brand guidelines and design teams
- Experience working with Google productivity tools and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with CRM and Marketing Automation Tools (Pardot and Salesforce a plus)
- Must be willing to travel domestically approximately 30-50%
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch with bi-monthly company dinner outings (Seamless dinner orders when needed)
- Snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.