Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Who you are:
You’re a research scientist, with several years of management experience, who has published in top tier conferences and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI, and have a track record of leading and growing a team to directly contribute to products while advancing the state of the art. You are highly visible in the research community, and you are a strategic thinker that masters balancing execution with really big, long term ideas.
- Lead a growing, interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers performing research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: NLP, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- Provide technical direction for multiple projects, thought leadership, and operational support (by connecting the right dots and helping serve as a liaison between various stakeholders including product, engineering, & design, etc.).
- Work closely with various members of the executive leadership team to ensure alignment of projects and solutions.
- Contribute to the research community and demonstrate thought leadership via talks, publications in top tier venues, participation in program committees, etc.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (NLP, IR, Machine Learning, Deep Learning).
- At least 5 years of management experience in an industrial research environment.
- Experience in one or several of the following topics: topic detection & tracking, text classification, summarization, knowledge extraction/representation/management, trending topic detection, knowledge bases, search, machine learning and deep learning, etc.
- Outstanding publication record (SIGIR, KDD, WWW, ICML, NIPS, ACL, CIKM, RecSys, etc.).
- Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.