Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are
You're a self-starting and hands-on conceptual designer who will bring original ideas and a fresh, stylish approach to each project. You bring 360-degree integrated thinking to the creation and roll-out of multi-channel campaigns in partnership with copywriting resources and other art directors and/or designers.
You have extensive experience in the design and art direction of cohesive campaigns — digital and print — working within and developing defined visual/brand systems as well as comfort in working closely with printers and seeing complicated jobs through production. You bring a strong sense of style, excellent typographic skills, and flair in working with photography to the table.
You possess high level communication skills with the ability to receive and interpret creative briefs, present ideas creatively and effectively along with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi task at a high level.
You're excited about being part of a small in-house creative team and contributing to the growth of the Dataminr brand.
- Design and expand existing brand and style systems
- Create integrated advertising campaigns
- Work hands-on from beginning to end for print, environmental, interactive and digital projects
- Work closely with copywriters, developers and other designer/art directors to fulfill creative briefs
- Storyboarding of video and/or interactive experiences
- Work with developers to create email and landing page templates
- Develop executive level presentations and pitches
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Visual, Fine or Commercial Arts, Art Design or related field
- 5-8 years experience in a similar role within a company or agency environment
- Strong operating knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- A flair for delivering visual concepts in the context of defined strategies and copy approaches
- Comprehensive understanding of type, photography, and color management, evident in portfolio examples
- Industrial and environmental design experience, knowledge of motion graphics and web design, skills in art direction and Ceros or similar interactive tools
- Thorough understanding of print and collateral design and production processes and interactive communications and delivery systems as well as industry best practices
- Working experience in digital advertising design
- Strong understanding of client communication
- Excellent communication and executive level presentation skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.