Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who has experience working and writing in a deadline-oriented atmosphere. You are passionate about news, international relations, and have high editorial and journalism standards! Your excellent writing skills will be used to deliver real time information to our rapidly growing client base across the globe! You will be joining our newest team based in Dublin who cover a 24/7 operation, where shift work is required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, International relations, Political Science, Government, Economics, or Foreign Language
- Experience desired: New graduate or 1-3 years experience
- Previous experience as a copyeditor/sub editor is preferred
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Foreign language proficiency in at least one of the following: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese, Russian would be an added bonus
- Self-motivation and an ability to operate under pressure while handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of international affairs
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly with a keen eye for detail
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media (Twitter!)
- Ability to work weekends when required
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, disability and life
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Professional development fund
- Team social outings
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Transport Assistance
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.