Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
As Corporate Counsel, you will report to the Head of Legal and will be responsible for many day-to-day legal issues facing the company. You will draft, structure and negotiate customer contracts in support of a fast-moving, global sales organization. You will also provide advice and counsel on a broad range of issues in areas such as privacy, employment matters and intellectual property.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS, master services, licensing, marketing and vendor agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary
- Assist with employment, privacy, intellectual property, litigation, international and other legal matters
- Prepare and enhance company policies and procedures
- Advise internal teams, including HR, Sales, Product and Marketing teams, on legal matters and provide general corporate and commercial legal advice
- Research and anticipate new and emerging legal issues
- Provide strategic legal advice and counsel on a broad range of legal topics
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school, and a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience practicing law at a law firm or in-house (a combination of both is a plus!) with a focus on general corporate matters
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Experience and/or strong interest in areas such as employment law, data privacy and protection and/or intellectual property
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Thoughtful and persuasive interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Enthusiastic team member who enjoys taking ownership of projects, building relationships cross-functionally and working on cutting-edge legal issues
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.