Min. Experience: 3+ Years Experience
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about taking your passion for news and current events to a growing technology start up. You are a team player and thrive in a fast paced, newsroom atmosphere where you can you utilize your fluency in Spanish and Portuguese and be our in house expert on the propagation of media across Latin America. In this role you will have your finger on the pulse of what moves Dataminr.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Latin America news and developments
- Utilize your strong background in journalism, government, international affairs, or regional studies to monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds and signals
- Conduct both qualitative and technical research to assess new product features and provide feedback to engineering and product teams
- QA software and identify any issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; concentration in in journalism, Latin American studies, terrorism/conflict issues or closely related field strongly preferred
- Strong language proficiency in Spanish (Portuguese is a plus)
- Fluency in English required
- 1-5 years’ experience covering spot news at a news organization focused on Latin America or prior experience in the government or military
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly in both Spanish/Portuguese, and English
- Demonstrated expertise and a passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter) and following world news and current events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Technical knowledge of APIs and Data Analytics is a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered dinner
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.