Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about taking your passion for US news to a high growth, award winning tech company. You are a team player and thrive in a fast paced, newsroom environment. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process, serving as a resource to help define factors that are important to our clients. You love being at the forefront of breaking news and events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, International relations, Government, or English
- 1-5 years experience in broadcast journalism covering spot news at a media organization focused on domestic (USA) breaking news
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly
- Passion for technology, social media and following world news and current events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- QA software and identify any issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing teams to provide technical assessments as required
- Create white papers and presentations to educate internal team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.