Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're a skilled user experience and design leader with passion for creating a seamless, consistent and intuitive experience for your customers. You have a deep understanding of usability and interaction design and have a strong track record in taking business goals and successfully translating them into a world-class, inspiring user experience.
You're a team leader that loves thinking strategically but also loves to be hands-on. You're thoughtful and detail-oriented while maintaining an eye on overarching strategic objectives. You have a strong sense of urgency and thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and competing priorities. You're always on the lookout for new areas of opportunity beyond the current organizational thinking.
As our Head of User Experience, you'll lead a small team to create engaging web and mobile solutions for Dataminr's enterprise products. You'll lead the creation of wireframes, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups, UX testing plans and other supporting materials that serve as the guidelines for our designers and engineering teams to follow for project execution.
- Serve as lead for all user experience and design projects and ongoing experience optimization efforts including creation of information architecture, wireframes, personas and user journeys
- Translate business needs into user experience solutions that meet the needs of a complex, multi-product organization
- Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques and best practices
- Define, operationalize and lead the business process for user research, and testing and survey methods into the work of the design team
- Drive an iterative approach to user interaction and experience in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including generative research, conception and definition, prototyping, UI design, and testing.
- Rapidly prototype new concepts, layouts and interaction models
- Develop feature design briefs, logic flows and screen wireframes within evolving technology, client demands and time constraints
- Maintain ongoing design excellence by incorporating user feedback into overall UI/UX design across products and verticals
- Assess all analytics available and present clear insights that drive actionable recommendations and positive business impact
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to define roadmap, strategy and product definition
- Manage, motivate and develop a small team
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Advanced degree a plus
- 8-10+ years of progressive experience as a user experience leader with a heavy focus on UI and design production
- Extensive experience in interface design, research and new product development
- Strong understanding of UI and web production
- Strong understanding of web 2.0 and mobile technologies, CSS3, HTML5, and responsive web design
- Strong experience and mastery of design tools, platforms and versions of applicable software
- Demonstrated ability to drive designs that achieve business results
- Prior experience working effectively with engineering, product and marketing teams
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training
- Generous leave and flexible hours
- Daily catered Lunch and a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.