Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
About Sales at Dataminr:
Being part of our dynamic sales team means you have the opportunity to make a unique and meaningful impact on the company and the organizations we serve. Here are some things you can expect as a salesperson at Dataminr:
- An uncapped commission plan
- Six months to ramp up before your full target kicks in
- A comprehensive sales training program
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends and best practices (and you can always use your Professional Development Fund for anything additional!)
- Exposure and access to sales leadership for guidance and learning opportunities (you can also take part in our Mentorship Program!)
- A culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment
Who you are:
You are a professional and highly motivated salesperson who is passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You are competitive and focused on building pipelines, pitching and closing new customers within the Corporate Risk industry vertical.
- Generating new business opportunities and drive new revenue
- Manage the full sales cycle from generating demand for the product, qualifying prospects, pitching our products and closing new business within Corporate Risk & Security departments within Fortune 500 companies
- Develop deep insights as to customer use-cases, internal decision-making processes, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of our EMEA business.
- Build and maintain client relationships, develop strategic sales plans, and act as a thought partner in complex client negotiations
- Adeptly and intuitively understand when and how to leverage internal support (such as marketing, sales engineers and senior management) in order to close business
- Ensure a regular and productive feedback loop to provide customer insights in order to enable the continuous improvement of our products.
- Assure that a strong, trusted relationship is established during the on boarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 4+ years of experience prospecting and closing new business ideally at a SaaS/technology/Professional Services based company.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Experience within the Risk, Government, Intelligence, or Corporate Security fields a plus
- German or other European languages are beneficial but not essential
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.