Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a senior business development professional with extensive experience building and growing high-profile business verticals. You have deep knowledge and experience supporting Public Sector clients. Most importantly, you're passionate about the opportunity to help your clients solve their most difficult data challenges.
You have strong business development leadership skills and a track record in building and scaling strategies that deliver results against aggressive growth targets. You hold yourself to the highest performance and accountability standards.
As part of our Public Sector sales team, you'll be responsible for driving growth and expansion for current clients across our Department of Defense business.
You're ready to harness your experience and jump into a high-growth technology company to help take Dataminr's Public Sector vertical to the next level.
- Drive new accounts by managing the full cycle from generating increased demand for the Dataminr product, qualifying new expansion prospects, and pitching our products to senior officials to meet annual targets
- Provide business development and thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities and incremental business success
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform, and maintain a deep understanding of publicly available information use cases
- Execute tactical and strategic account plans for new and existing users, including handling client queries effectively and dealing with objections during the business development process
- Demonstrate platform capabilities to audiences ranging from senior Public Sector officials to the individual user level
- Learn client mission sets and operational processes that help integrate Dataminr into your clients' workflow
- Predict and forecast potential client use cases; identify innovative methods by which clients can utilize Dataminr in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Attend industry events, tradeshows and focused symposiums to increase Dataminr’s brand awareness and value proposition
- Collect client feedback and clearly articulate recommendations for product development to Dataminr’s Engineering and Product teams
- Maintain constant awareness of markets and competitive activity, making appropriate strategic and tactical sales recommendations to always stay one step ahead
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- 20+ years of exemplary experience in the military and/or supporting military customers as a contractor
- 5+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably in fast-paced, technology-driven environments
- Specific experience managing relationships with the public sector, military, and/or federal agencies
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Knowledge and/or experience in the use of publicly available information analysis efforts within public sector organizations, including but not limited to military, law enforcement or emergency management
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce of similar CRM a plus
- Must be willing to travel 50% as needed
- Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain a Secret clearance at a minimum
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- Snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.