Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a detail-oriented and motivated government contracts professional with experience in federal, state and local contracting. You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You are able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and shifting priorities.
You should have extensive experience interfacing with both business development and legal teams in responding to Requests for Quotes (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP), the review and negotiation of government contracts, and the delivery of services to federal, state and local governments. You should also have in-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS), Other Transaction Authority (OTA) regulations, as well as experience providing commercial services and products to government customers and developing offers for GSA Schedule vehicles.
As our first Director, Government Contracts, you will be the point person on responding to RFQs and RFPs and proactively building out the required procurement infrastructure within a priority list of the largest U.S. states and cities, in addition to the federal government. You will also be responsible for monitoring the performance of government contracts that impact Dataminr's ability to meet revenue objectives, sales goals, growth plans and audit requirements. You will initiate, track and monitor contract changes, deliverables, correspondence with government Contracts Officers and risks, and maintain associated documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements.
- Support business development teams in reviewing and completing RFQs, RFPs and other forms of solicitations for Dataminr's services, including analyzing proposal requirements, preparing appropriate responses and facilitating proposal process
- Be an expert on procurement processes for the federal government, as well as certain U.S. states and cities
- Monitor and ensure Dataminr's compliance with its contractual, statutory and regulatory obligations under company schedules and policies, other government contract vehicles and FAR
- Respond to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identify, avoid and mitigate risks and issues pertaining to the review and negotiation of Dataminr's legal agreements that arise from the company’s work with government entities
- Review and manage contractual obligations of the parties, providing continual review to ensure all terms and conditions are met
- Assist in the discussion and modification of standard terms and conditions for contracts
- Serve as liaison between business development and legal teams, escalating matters when necessary
- Facilitate the overall communication process when revisions to existing or negotiated contracts become necessary
- Maintain contract and proposal tracking, filing, reporting, copying and shipping
- Develop and integrate contract management tools, templates, methods and processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a contracts professional in the federal, state and local government marketplaces
- Currently hold or have the ability to maintain at least a SECRET level clearance
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) certification a plus
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of federal, state and local government contracts; electronic proposals; government contract file systems; government contract audits and close-outs
- Experience working with large and complex contracts where the firm is the prime contractor to the government
- Knowledge of drafting contractual documents, terms and conditions in accordance with firm policy, terms found in the prime contracts and the FAR and GSA schedule acquisition methods
- Experience providing commercial services to government clients
- Extensive research skills pertaining to the government marketplace and active/inactive government contracts
- Proposal writing experience and previous interaction with sales organizations a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a SaaS/high-growth technology environment a plus
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-growth, fast-paced organization
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- Snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.