Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated and self-starting individual who has the ability to assist on engagements with our public sector clients to help tackle their most difficult data challenges. On a daily basis, our Client Engagement team (1) interfaces directly with Dataminr’s Public Sector clients; (2) works closely with these clients to identify their most difficult challenges and leverages the Dataminr platform to solve them; (3) quickly monitors and analyzes our data feeds and signals concerning public safety and national security issues; and (4) keeps up-to-date on key developments in the public safety and national security spaces, and assesses the security impact of real-time Dataminr signals.
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform; deeply understand publicly available information and social media analytics
- Demonstrate platform capabilities to audiences ranging from senior public sector officials to the individual user level; support business development efforts across the EMEA public sector territory
- Identify new potential use cases and opportunities; drive business development across the EMEA public sector space
- Learn client mission sets and operational processes; integrate Dataminr into clients’ workflow and recommend best practices
- Train and support new users on-site or virtually through video teleconference
- Gather client feedback and clearly articulate client product recommendations for Dataminr product development with the engineering and product teams
- Forecast potential client use-cases and provide immediate support or remediation
- Manage multiple clients and accounts in various geographic regions
- Attend various industry events, tradeshows and focused symposiums to increase brand awareness
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2 to 3 years of experience supporting public sector agencies
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media analysis efforts of public sector organizations, including but not limited to defense, law enforcement or emergency management
- Sales and/or software deployment experience
- Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- High level of accountability and the ability to execute on multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing and able to travel (domestically and internationally) as needed (approx. 25%)
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.