Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,200 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
As a Business Development Representative at Dataiku, you will work closely with the Sales & Marketing Teams to identify target prospects and customers through a variety of online research methods. You will perform analysis of inbound and outbound prospects' business and engage with these prospects by phone and/or email.
The purpose of this outreach is to set up introductory calls with target influencers and decision makers. In turn, your job is to make sure a majority of these calls become qualified opportunities for Dataiku Account Executives.
In order to do this job well, the Business Development Representative must be analytical, metrics driven, and able to identify business challenges and articulate the Dataiku value proposition to prospects. Professional judgment that allows you to carry conversation with C-Level and VP level executives at Fortune 500 companies is also a must.
In this role, you'll help the team:
- Work closely with Sales management to develop and define a strategic target list of key accounts
- Kick-start the beginning of the sales process by cold calling and prospecting potential Dataiku clients
- Develop creative tactics, campaigns, and strategies to reach target prospects; schedule qualified discovery calls with said target prospects; generate qualified meetings for Account Executives following preliminary qualification
- Record and track all activity in Salesforce to provide background and next steps for the Marketing Department, SDR, and Account Executives to ensure alignment of teams as well as effective follow up with prospects
- Collaborate with the sales team and marketing management to refine the sales process
You may be a good fit for the role if you have:
- Fluency in Spanish (speaking, writing, and reading)
- 1-3 years of previous experience in outbound marketing, cold calling, sales pitches, prospect research, and/or general business development
- Relevant experience and proven success in sales or business development in the software / tech industry or in a startup is a plus
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle pressure and a high volume of tasks in a result-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in innovative technologies like Big Data and Predictive Analysis