DataDome is one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Paris. We offer a cutting edge technology that protects online businesses (webapplications) against advanced cyber attacks.
sites and mobile Based on AI & Machine Learning, our cybersecurity solution can detect & block the most sophisticated bot attacks, in real-time.
We’re proud to protect more than 10 000 domains worldwide, including TripAdvisor, The New-York Times, Carrefour, BlaBlaCar, Rakuten, Veepee, Adevinta.
Our offices in Paris & New-York gather talents coming from 10 different nationalities. We all love our ideally located & modern offices, an accessible management team, offsite events and weekly team-building initiatives, a chill room that includes foosball, video games and a punching bag!
DataDome is #CustomerCentric, the solution is the leader on g2.com and 100% of our customers renew their subscription year after year.
Want to play your part in the war against bad bots? Join the team and become a Botbuster!
Our technical stack is mainly composed of a real-time detection layer in Java, a low latency Stream Engine running on Flink in Scala, ElasticSearch for the storage, Kafka for communication between layers, HAProxy for load balancing, Symfony 5 & Angular 9 for our dashboards.
We operate at scale and handle over 1 000 billion events per day giving responses within 3ms (99p). Currently, we are present in more than 25 data centers around the world, deployed using Docker.
Our infrastructure is deployed on AWS, Azure, Scaleway, Vultr, and GCP, using Docker, Ansible and Terraform, and monitored with Grafana and Prometheus.
This stack is currently handling 500k requests per second and manages more than 300 TB of data.
We’re looking for a seasoned contributor to join the Threat Research Team. He will contribute to the ML roadmap implementation and be focused on finding new innovative ways to use ML technologies inside DataDome solutions.
You will be more specifically in charge of:
- Contribute and challenge ML topics at DataDome
- Contribute and follow-up to the go-to production of ML algorithms and models in collaboration with our ML Engineers
- Keep up to date on ML topics (research papers, state of the art on ML applied to cyber security) and share knowledge with the team/externally (meetups, conferences)
- Contribute to CIR & European projects documentation
- Uncover opportunities to automate any of DataDome recurring tasks using ML
- Contribute to ML best practices and processes definition
👤 We look for someone who has:
- At least 3 years of experience in a Data Scientist role
- Strong programming skills in python
- Good knowledge of ML algorithms
- Strong computer science background
- Ability to learn and implement new ML approaches (from papers, blogs etc.)
- Good understanding of how the web works: browser vs server, GET/POST requests, how a login works.
- Good communication and writing skills (mainly in English)
- Autonomy, rigor, and passion for ML!
- Has already done a simple bots/crawler or could discuss main automation techniques: HTTP library, headless browser, real browser.
- Has already implemented streaming ML algorithms
- Has minimal knowledge of Scala or Java
What are the next steps?
You x Talent Acquisition Manager : first interview and cultural fit
You x Engineering Manager : technical and cultural fit + Take-home technical challenge
You x Team: Presentation and review of your "technical proposal" with the team
You x Member of the leadership team - Discussion about DataDome vision and "raison d'être" ?
Now you really met everyone Welcome to DataDome :)
DataDome is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicant without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.