DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
Please visit here for more information about our Hiring Process.
About the role:
DataCamp has always been about building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalised learning experiences and bring the power of data literacy to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for Developer Platforms, you will drive innovation to shape and improve developer experience and increase productivity. Developer Platforms team provides libraries, tools, documentation and other resources to provide “paved paths” to software teams to ship and run apps quickly and safely.
- Build out your team, resolve impediments and foster the professional growth of each engineer by providing feedback and identifying opportunities
- Drive the technical vision and direction for the DataCamp’s Developer Platforms team
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with other engineering teams. Work with partners to identify inefficiencies which can be solved by your team
- Effectively prioritise and manage team’s roadmap
- Shepherding the development and delivery of your team's roadmap and quarterly goals
- Contributing to design, architecture, process, and development discussions
The ideal candidate:
- 8+ years of experience building software products with at least 3+ years in managerial capacity
- You are a team player with an ability to develop the meaningful relationships necessary to achieve common goals
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- You have a pragmatic approach to solving problems and a results-oriented mindset
- You have an interest in developer platforms and developer experience
- You are highly organised, flexible, and can-do attitude
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.