DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
Please visit here for more information about our Hiring Process.
About the role:
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Account Executive will be responsible for developing new business opportunities by working inbound opportunities, self-sourcing outbound opportunities, and growing existing customer relationships. You will manage your own book of business from prospect to close, and will be provided all the tools, resources, and guidance to succeed. This role is best-suited for motivated individuals who are looking to accelerate their career in software sales.
- Manage a full sales lifecycle from start to finish
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with prospects and existing customers
- Actively prospect target accounts through email and cold calling outreach
- Conduct comprehensive discovery and qualification in order to optimally position DataCamp’s unique capabilities and value proposition
- Create and deliver customized sales presentations, demonstrations, business case documents, proposals and contracts in order to present DataCamp’s platform to prospective customers
- Develop and execute on territory and account plans to acquire and grow new customer relationships to meet assigned revenue objectives
- Participate actively in working with sales team members and company executives in developing and executing on best practices for sales and account management
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 3-5 years of proven hunting & closing experience in a SaaS environment or tech-enabled business services
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- Skilled at establishing trusted relationships with business managers and executives
- Experience selling high value business applications to senior executives, VPs, and managers
- Collaborative mentality and commitment to continuous skills development
- Superior listening and communication skills
- Willingness to travel 20%+
(New York only) Starting base pay for this role is between $70,000 and $100,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs, training and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.