DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
Please visit here for more information about our Hiring Process.
About the Role:
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in commercial contracts relevant to a technology company as it relates to our customers and vendors. Reporting to DataCamp’s General Counsel, this is a strategically important role that will help DataCamp achieve its goals at a time of dynamic growth. As our Commercial Counsel, you will support internal business partners and assist on a broad variety of transactional matters in a growing technology company by:
- Leading drafting and negotiation on a broad range of agreements (including Master Services Agreements, terms of service, services agreements, other SaaS agreements, and requests for proposals) supporting DataCamp’s business teams, with a primary focus of supporting the licensing of DataCamp’s products and services to its customers and channel partners and vendor software licensing.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Operations, and Finance teams to shepherd deals to completion.
- Facilitating the timely closure of business transactions while minimizing risk exposure.
- Providing day-to-day commercial legal support, business-focused counseling, and advice to the sales organization.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal contracting processes.
- Defining, building and implementing processes and technologies to effectively deliver legal support in a scalable manner to DataCamp’s rapidly expanding portfolio of enterprise customers.
- Leading internal projects, training, and driving cross-functional efforts to completion.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
You will be based out of our NY office and support transactions across all international offices (currently UK and Belgium).
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5+ years combined experience at a law firm and in-house at a global technology company drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including good working knowledge of SaaS agreements, technology licensing, strategic deals, and channel agreements (such as resellers, distribution, MSP, etc.).
- Prior experience supporting a heavy volume of commercial transactions relevant to a technology company across various business functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage several projects.
- Drive for efficiency and ability to leverage technology to optimize processes
- The ability to provide timely and effective legal advice in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines, and resolve complex problems with a thorough understanding of the changing legal needs of a fast-growing business.
- Clear, collaborative, and effective communication with business teams, especially sales teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teamplayer with a sense of humor and strong work ethic who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment and collaborating with various internal teams.
- Willingness to travel and work flexibly on a varied schedule based on the needs of the team, including calls at odd hours as needed.
- Member of the New York Bar (in good standing), another US jurisdiction or England.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Commercial SaaS experience is highly desired
- Specific experience with US government contracting
- Familiarity with privacy and security is a plus
- Interest and skill in developing scalable legal infrastructure.
- Experience working both in the US and Europe
- Affinity with data and/or e-learning
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options for permanent employees
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.