DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the role:
DataCamp is looking for an industry leading, collaborative Marketing Design Lead to join its Marketing team to take the brand into a new exciting era. In this role, you will own DataCamp’s visual development and be a key driver in helping us supercharge brand cut through to help us facilitate our rapid growth across a multi-product and multi-market proposition. This role will report directly to the Head of Brand and with your talent, authority and leadership DataCamp will become a globally recognized, culturally relevant, impactful brand.
You'll lead a team of designers working across a high volume of projects, which include attention grabbing campaigns, visual identity, website UI and marketing channel output (from email to social media). You’ll collaborate with teams across the business and create new processes that drive efficiencies and influence excellent design solutions.
We’re looking for someone with energy, passion and strong collaboration skills - this is a high paced, exciting role for a company at a key moment in its growth trajectory.
- You'll translate brand vision and direction into a consistent, systematic visual identity to be used across marketing channels, touchpoints and assets
- You’ll develop eye-catching campaign concepts and identities that cover everything from January Sale promotions to product launches (driving projects with momentum from brief to execution)
- Lead a high performing design team that is passionate, happy and focussed - through continual mentoring, skill sharing, personal development plans and an effective hiring strategy
- You’ll ‘own’ design across all of marketing and implement design improvements of key owned-channel output (everything from improving email templates to creating new organic social formats) - bringing your know-how to solve problems and create opportunities
- Manage external freelancers / contractors as required to deliver visuals, videos and illustrations that can be integrated across brand identity, content and campaigns
- Represent design with key stakeholders, educating those applying the brand, maintaining DataCamp’s brand guidelines and communicating these guidelines internally and with suppliers
- You’ll design with international audiences in mind and with a commitment to ensure inclusivity and accessibility
- Manage DataCamp’s design request process, ensuring that all stakeholders and requests are dealt with efficiently
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in digital design
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to bring together creative authority, a challenger brand and growth mindset, plus a future-focussed, innovative outlook
- An appetite to grow with the business, evolve & expand the design team and to bring about new solutions that tackle challenges as we grow
- Gravitas and confidence to help inform big business decisions and influence senior stakeholders
- An enthusiasm for building brands and experience working across multiple channels (paid social organic social, email, display, video, editorial content, events, swag, presentations, web, etc)
- Experience developing web pages, including wireframing, strong understanding of messaging hierarchy, and UI/UX best practices
- Highly organized with experience leading a team, managing multiple projects with tight deadlines and allocating resources (bringing in freelance resource if required)
- Expert knowledge of design tools including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of After Effects and Figma are a bonus
- A passion about all things design and the ability to inspire the business. You are proficient at presenting–and defending–your ideas to other designers, marketing team members, and company leaders
Please visit here for more information about our Hiring Process.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options for permanent employees
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.