DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering, and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As a fast-growing ed-tech startup, data-driven decision-making is critical to our success. As a Data Analyst, you will report to the Director of Analytics, and simultaneously be embedded in one of the several cross-functional teams across product, marketing, finance, and sales.
You will analyze vast amounts of data, craft compelling presentations, and create reports and dashboards to empower your teams to make business decisions. You will influence changes by bringing data to the table, and promoting data-driven development and decision-making. To be successful you will need to collaborate with a strong team of software engineers, data scientists, data engineers, product managers, and business leaders. You will get to do all of this while leveraging DataCamp's rich data and state-of-the-art data science infrastructure.
- Drive product adoption and business performance by defining, computing and monitoring key metrics
- Identify product optimization opportunities by proactively working on exploratory analyses
- Use data visualization best practices to deliver compelling presentations
- Enable self-service analytics by building and maintaining interactive dashboards and reports
- Collaborate with data engineering to optimize and maintain our core data model and schemas
- Support our experimentation program by designing and analyzing A/B tests
- Raise the analytics IQ of your business team by mentoring and coaching your teammates on analytics’ best practices
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a passion for DataCamp’s mission of data literacy
- Has 3+ years of experience in analytics
- Is highly skilled in SQL, R (Tidyverse) or Python
- Has 2+ years of experience using BI Tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Has strong storytelling skills with a track record of presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Has 2+ years experience in product or marketing analytics
- Has strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to come to rigorous and defensible solutions to complex and open-ended problems
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.