DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the role:
As a Content Developer, it’s your responsibility to build the best content for new and emerging technologies that the world has ever seen! You’ll be working closely with our expert instructors and other members of our talented Emerging Curriculum team, a team of educators, technologists, and data scientists and engineers, to improve the quality of existing content and grow our library of content. You’ll work on courses, acting as a reviewer, thought partner, and, most importantly, an advocate for our learners.
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data science, data engineering and architecture, cloud platforms, and education, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists and engineers.
- Create new and exciting content for our platform
- Provide critical feedback on specs for new courses
- Manage the course development process from post-planning through course launch
- Work closely with course instructors to make courses interactive and engaging
- Keep instructors on schedule
- Write automated tests to provide personalized feedback for learners
- Make data-driven suggestions for content improvements based on learner feedback and engagement data
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 1+ years data science/data engineering/software development experience
- Is comfortable programming in Python (or R)
- Has some prior experience with, or is willing to learn, Java, Scala, or big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop or Spark)
- Has some prior experience in topics such as database design, data and machine learning pipelines, versioning, testing, and cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Comfortable learning new technologies and tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Airflow)
- Enjoys working with other people and interacting with subject matter experts
- Is passionate about online education
- Has completed online courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Is very organized and detail-oriented
- Enjoys giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has a strong command of English, both written and verbal
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.