DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
Brand and Marketing Design at DataCamp
This role sits within the Marketing Strategy Team and works closely within the wider Design Squad, and leads the expressive visual strategy for marketing at DataCamp. We do this by crafting, evolving, and maintaining the visual brand identity, constantly pushing for better, making our brand as recognisable as possible!
About the role
DataCamp is looking for a talented, highly motivated Designer to join its Brand and Marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing Design Lead, the Designer will be responsible for supporting and crafting designs for digital and print across a variety of different campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be full of ideas and positive energy, will think creatively, and be able to drive new ways to visually support communication across initiatives.
You will enjoy both autonomy and responsibility, working closely with an experienced senior design team to guide you to success. Successful candidates will demonstrate good ability in composition, typography, color theory, and layout.
- As a visual storyteller, you will convey our company’s mission and the value we bring to our customers through design.
- Brainstorm, create, and transform ideas into visually compelling stories for all types of marketing assets that drive business results including, the DataCamp website, presentations, digital ads, landing pages, infographics, social media graphics, printed collateral, event graphics, video, iconography, illustration, and more.
- Work iteratively to test creative assets and adapt to inform future design decisions.
- Maintain DataCamp’s brand guidelines and communicate guidelines internally.
- Be a brand ambassador across the organization to drive higher standards for design and consistency by maintaining DataCamp’s brand guidelines
What we’re looking for
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in digital design
- A portfolio showcasing design expertise
- A self-motivated and positive person that collaborates well with others, and a fast learner that enjoys working in a dynamic environment, ready to take on exciting new challenges
- Confidently be able to create and assemble images and graphics to produce designs for websites, social media, display campaigns and other productions
- Experience developing web pages, including wireframing and UI/UX best practices
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality and a consistently high level of attention to detail
- Ability to receive feedback through design critique and be continuously up to date with emerging trends in social, culture, and technology
- Advanced knowledge of the latest design tools including Adobe Creative Cloud and Figma
- Basic knowledge of motion/video content is a plus (e.g. working knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro)
When applying for this role, please provide a link or PDF attachment to your portfolio.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.