DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
As a fast-growing startup, data-driven marketing is key to our success. Our B2C Marketing team is looking for a Data Scientist to help efficiently drive growth and marketing ROI by analyzing customer acquisition, conversion, and retention data.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and problem-solver who can analyze marketing campaigns, conversion funnels, and A/B tests and experiments. The role is on the B2C Marketing team, and will work closely with data scientists across DataCamp.
- Responsible for researching, tracking, and analyzing data across the customer journey
- Analyze funnel metrics from marketing campaigns to acquisition, onboarding, conversion, engagement, and retention
- Mine large amounts of customer behavioral and demographic data to identify customer segments we can use to personalize targeting, messaging, and offerings
- Design experiments and A/B tests in a rigorous and statistically valid way
- Review and refine our marketing attribution and incrementality models
- 5+ years of data analytics experience, including 2+ years analyzing customer acquisition, conversion and retention data
- Experience with customer segmentation, funnel analysis, marketing attribution (MTA, DD), and experiment design and analysis
- Problem-solving skills, with an ability to come to rigorous and defensible solutions to complex and open-ended problems
- Familiar pulling data from 3rd party sources (Google, FB, and other ad platforms) and combining with internal data to derive informed insights
- Is highly skilled in SQL + R and/or Python
- Demonstrable skills in creative problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity and curiosity about the business metrics that drive growth
What's in it for you:
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a personal development budget and external training.
- Flexible hours.
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!).
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.