About DataCamp and the role
DataCamp has always been about building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. However, many of our learners face significant struggles as they start actually doing data work. From setting up your machine, over proper sharing controls and collaboration, to deploying insights for others to see and figuring out which insights are still up to date: the full data science workflow is daunting for the citizen data scientist.
Just like learning data science, doing data science work should be easy, enjoyable, and collaborative. With DataCamp Workspace, we want to enable anyone, from anywhere and on any device, to access relevant data online, and to create visualizations, reports, and dashboards from their favorite tool or IDE and share it with fellow data professionals. We want to enable teams to seamlessly collaborate online in real time as well as asynchronously. We want teams to have basic version and quality control automatically built in. The end result should be a centralized insights layer for organizations of any size. In other words, we want to make it as easy to do data science on your own (or your company’s) data as it is to take a DataCamp course. Check out this blog post for more background information about why we’re building DataCamp Workspace.
We are looking for a Director of Product & Technology to map out the future direction of the core experience on DataCamp Workspace and execute on it. If you like challenges, want to learn a lot, and aren’t afraid to compete with much larger organizations, continue reading.
- Determine the roadmap for additions and improvements to the core experience of DataCamp Workspace that are aligned with the company’s goals and mission, taking into account user input and available information/data.
- Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing and shipping products. This includes backlog prioritization and defining product requirements, as well as celebrating team successes while owning/fixing failures.
- Manage and collaborate with a cross-functional team of skilled engineers, data analysts and designers to drive growth for the business while obsessing over the user journey and experience.
- Have a need for speed. Be impatient and crave results as quickly as possible, while keeping morale high. Improve iteratively as opposed to placing big, long-term bets.
- Collaborate with other squads depending on the various initiatives driving Workspace adoption and engagement.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Content to ensure successful launches of new initiatives.
- Determine and follow-through on your team’s metrics for success while cultivating collaboration and alignment. This includes creating and managing a data-driven framework to measure the success of new and existing product features (engagement metrics, etc.).
- Using data (writing scripts if needed) and running A/B tests to inform user-centric product decisions.
- Independently analyze data (including writing/running queries in SQL, R or Python) to understand user behaviors/actions and make product decisions accordingly.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 4+ years of Product management experience bringing technical software products from concept to launch.
- Has 2+ years of experience in managing agile teams.
- Has experience building products with a holistic perspective of what makes sense for a user in an end-to-end user journey as opposed to solely local optimizations.
- Is organized, analytical and outcome-oriented
- Has a strong focus on numbers to prove that new features and improvements actually work.
- Has an interest in data science and online education
- Can operate under tight deadlines while maintaining multiple projects
- Is intellectually curious and user-obsessed.
- Is comfortable programming in Python, R or SQL
- Is comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has a strong command of English and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is collaborative and motivated, with ability to execute swiftly
- Has a technical understanding from a software engineering perspective
What’s in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!)
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
If you are interested in this role, but are not sure if you meet all the requirements, please do apply anyway!
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.