DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who wants to build amazing online experiences for new customers, from first interaction on our website through registration, activation, and subscription. This is a high-impact role that will drive B2C subscriber acquisition and revenue growth.
You will oversee priorities for the B2C engineering squad and partner with Marketing, Design, and Product to establish the product strategy, roadmap, and success metrics. It's a combination of optimizing around funnel conversion and on-boarding, rapid experimentation, and creative thinking around driving growth loops.
We’re looking for someone with a growth mindset who is part product manager and part marketer.
- Own the vision, goals, strategy, and execution of how new customers navigate, engage, and convert across the logged-out website experience.
- Rely on data, creative thinking, and experimentation to build experiences that resonate with consumers early in their data science learning journey.
- Manage conversion rate optimization and personalization strategy, including ideation, planning, testing, optimization, and reporting.
- Run effective A/B tests and traction tests to validate new features to optimize the registration, subscription, and onboarding flows.
- Help set priorities for the engineering squads that support B2C initiatives
- Create and manage user stories, product requirements, and product roadmaps, and communicate them effectively to design, engineering, data science, and other key partners.
- Manage bottlenecks, escalate when necessary, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance business needs and technical constraints, and maximize ROI while building great customer experiences.
- Ability to challenge all members of a cross-functional team (engineering, design, analytics, marketing, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, at least 1 year focused on consumer-facing web experiences.
- Familiar with subscription based business models
- Experience in leveraging experimental design methods and data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating business logic to technical partners.
- Part product manager, part marketer
- Technical proficiency with product management tools such as writing stories & specs, performing analytics, building prototypes, and user research.
- Excel by collaborating with designers, engineers, marketers, and company leaders, while setting the tone for fast decision-making.
What’s in it for you
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Flexible hours.
- International company retreats.
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret not being able to provide sponsorship for this role.