About DataCamp and the role
We are looking for people with a data science background to help assess and certify our users in data science. You will be joining a newly created business unit that focuses on creating the content and product for the DataCamp certified Data Scientist certification, a portal to connect job seekers with companies, enabling our tests in hiring flows of companies, etc.
If you look forward to a challenge, want to learn a lot, and aren’t afraid to compete with much larger organizations, continue reading.
As part of the certification team you will be working with those going through the certification process. You will be proctoring and grading case studies and providing feedback to individuals as needed. Additionally, you will work with the team to continue to expand our certification content in different topics like Machine Learning, Data Governance, etc. You will be adding new case studies and coding challenges as part of the certification process.
- Create or update existing rubrics for our certifications, starting from the ever-changing requirements of the market, gather input from industry experts, etc.
- Develop new coding challenges and case studies that are used in the certification process.
- Screen the certification applicants during group case-studies on topics like data science, machine learning, etc.
- Find new ways to test data science skills at scale
- Work with the marketing and product teams when communicating updates on our certifications: what we test, why we test it, etc.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 4+ years of experience in data science
- Is comfortable programming in Python, R or SQL
- Is comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has a strong command of English and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is collaborative and motivated, with ability to execute swiftly
- Is organized, analytical and outcome-oriented
- Has an interest in data science and online education
- A plus if you have experience in grading and assessment development (Item-response theory item generation)
- High sense of urgency and goal orientation (thrives in fast-paced environment)
What’s in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!)
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
If you are interested in this role, but are not sure if you meet all the requirements, please do apply anyway!
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret not being able to provide sponsorship for this role but we are open to remote candidates within UK, EU and East Coast US timezones.