DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering, and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to join the team building and maintaining our logged out experience, the most front facing part of DataCamp. You will help us craft web applications and our website in particular to improve and shape the very first impression a user gets about DataCamp. You will be part of a great team, working with other engineers, product managers and our stakeholders on creating a unique and attractive experience.
- Take ownership of problems and end-to-end to deliver features that users will love.
- Use data to ensure that we are moving in the right direction as we work.
- Work with some of the latest front and backend technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Work across teams to build solutions that scale.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are an engineer who is passionate about building great experiences and solutions for users and stakeholders alike
- You have 3+ years of web development experience on both front- and backend.
- You write clean, maintainable, performant and testable code.
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- You have a problem-solving and results-oriented mindset.
- You are interested in data science and education.
- It’s a plus if you have experience using modern frontend frameworks such as React and Next.js
- It’s a plus if you have experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Node.JS
- It’s a plus if you have experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI.
What's in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!)
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
If you are interested in this role, but are not sure if you meet all the requirements, please do apply anyway!
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role. We are happy to consider remote candidates within a comparable timezone.