DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering, and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As the Office Manager in New York City, it’s your responsibility to take care of everything related to our two suites in the Empire State Building, including our amazing staff. Along with providing everything our employees need to be safe, comfortable, and welcomed in the office, you will work with the building supervisors, staff, and third-party vendors to maintain the working environment. Your ability to improvise and willingness to take on new responsibilities will both be keys to your success in this role.
- Be a professional, welcoming, and helpful presence in the office.
- Create and maintain a clean, safe, office experience where employees always have what they need to do their jobs to the best of their ability.
- Purchase, store, and distribute snacks and beverages to the taste and dietary needs of employees. Create and maintain a system for catered lunches for all employees, paid by DataCamp. Order from multiple third-party vendors approved by Empire State Realty Trust. Use a company credit card and track all expenditures.
- Work with the building to ensure every aspect of the facility is working properly and filing tickets for work needed to be done. Create a cleaning schedule for building staff. Represent DataCamp as cordial and professional in all dealings with neighbors and landlords in the building.
- Ensure all staff follow strict COVID-related protocol, including mandatory contact tracing and social distancing. Work with the General Counsel to craft policies that follow city, state, and federal guidelines.
- Perform reception duties such as answering the company phone, clearing visitors with building security, and welcoming guests at the reception desk.
- Work with IT to ensure the security of space and assets and assist with minor technical support, like printers.
- Manage the company FedEx account. Ship out all mail and packages to ensure all incoming mail is forwarded to the correct employees. Also, ship out swag packages from remote warehouse locations.
- Create organic opportunities for employees to be social in and around the office.
- Work with the rest of the People team to schedule company-wide events and onboard new employees.
What we’re looking for
This position is ideal for a highly-skilled communicator with natural people skills who is eager to learn and take on new challenges in a role with ample room for career growth.
- 1+ years of office or administrative experience. Experience as an office manager is definitely a plus!
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following sectors: customer service, customer support, event planning, hospitality, IT, and education.
- Highly skilled with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Experience with Slack and Adobe Suite. OS agnostic. Skills with any other software/technology is a plus.
- Adept with with computers and AV equipment in general
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal. Excels at public speaking with a clear phone voice and affable demeanor. Fast typing (>60 wpm). Multilingual is a plus!
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize disparate tasks.
- A collaborative mindset - you know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out a compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the team and the company.
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (40+ pounds).
- Applicants must live within the five boroughs of New York City.
What’s in it for you
- All the perks of our wonderful office space on the 77th floor of the Empire State Building...as designed by you, the Office Manager!
- A competitive salary, 401(k) and stock options.
- Full health, dental, vision benefits (with many available plans at no monthly cost to you)
- Flexible hours with the ability to work from home occasionally.
- International company retreats
- Working with a great team towards a shared goal (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
We regret not being able to provide sponsorship for this role.