The days of learning data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when a student’s hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
At DataCamp we are building the future of learning data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are a data-driven and product-driven organization looking for an empathetic design executive who has successfully built and launched products for both B2C and B2B markets. You’ll be responsible for scaling and supporting our design teams and innovating our learning platform.
You will create a clear vision for the future and illustrate the impact of user experience at DataCamp. You will co-create product strategy ensuring our product teams are continuing to practice best in class human centered design practices.
As an exemplar of our company values and design excellence you will inspire innovation and co-create a standard of design excellence across our products and influence the impact Design can have at our organization.
- Inspire Design organization to innovate by solving customer problems in collaboration with their squads. Help create focus on impact and outcomes rather than outputs.
- Collaborate with company leadership to create a standard of excellence across products helping improve efficiency of the design team within Learn
- Articulate and pursue a long-term vision for the Design of the learn product, proactively anticipating possible future opportunities and problems.
- Set standards for user research and coach various team members to leverage user insights to bring strategy to life.
Culture and Coaching
- Collaborate with the full design team on the general DataCamp design system.
- Lead as role model of design led thinking and DataCamp values. Show others how to co-create a culture of empathy, and belonging.
- Ability to attract and retain senior design talent and develop future leaders.
- Works closely with the collab and talent products to ensure proper priority and future value across products.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Successful track record of leading a Design organization to deliver a delightful and cohesive user experience.
- Deep experience in building high performance teams and in developing others.
- Strong product design sense that allows you to fluidly move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details
- Ability to bring others with you in your ideas rather than telling them what to do.
- Ability to maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your company as a whole
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant leadership and design capabilities.
- Ability to present and sell your ideas, create coalition, and build support
- A pragmatic mindset. You do not see product design as an art, but as a way to achieve business goals and product outcomes.
- Desire to work within a radical candour type of feedback environment, and you embrace radical truth.
- We design for emotion. We create interfaces that are pleasurable and have meaning, not just usable.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Flexible working hours.
- International company retreats.
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.