DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering, and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As a Business Intelligence Content Developer, it’s your responsibility to work closely with our subject matter experts to build the best Power BI and Tableau courses the world has ever seen! You will manage the course development process following the team’s initial planning phase, acting as a reviewer, thought partner, and (most importantly) an advocate for our students.
- Manage the course development process from post-planning through course launch
- Work closely with subject matter experts to make courses interactive and engaging
- Provide critical feedback on learning content submitted by subject matter experts and colleagues
- Keep subject matter experts on schedule to ensure timely delivery of course content
- Create interactive exercises and record screencasts for Power BI and Tableau courses
- Monitor key metrics of courses after launch and perform maintenance accordingly
- Make data-driven suggestions for course improvements based on student feedback and engagement data
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to solve technical issues and the Product team to improve the learning experiences of courses
What we’re looking for
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for business intelligence and education, who is entrepreneurial and wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of analysts!
- 1+ years of experience applying Power BI and creating dashboards in a professional setting
- Familiarity with Tableau, SQL, and one of the following: Python or R. It's a plus if you have any certifications!
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Passion for online education, including experience completing courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A collaborative mindset - you know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out a compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the team and the company
- Motivated and able to learn new technical topics, data tools, and programming languages fast
- Comfort giving and receiving constructive feedback
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to build and grow your data science network by working with and learning from experts in the field
- Opportunity to build the world’s most comprehensive data science training resource
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Working with a great team towards a shared goal (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
We regret not being able to provide sponsorship for this role.