DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
DataCamp is a cloud-oriented company with a global presence. Most of our employees are located in 3 locations: New York (US), Leuven (BE) and London (UK). We are a team of people with varying skill sets from technical devops engineers to enthusiastic sales people.
It will be your role as a part of the IT team to enable and support them to do their tasks with the least amount of interruption possible. You will play a key part in planning future improvements and owning your day to day work. You will also work closely with members of the Infrastructure Engineering team, who maintain the infrastructure of our e-learning platform.
As a System Administrator your primary focus will be on maintaining DataCamp’s internal infrastructure and SaaS applications. You will monitor performance and health, identify improvements to the operational environment. Your role also includes keeping all of our internal systems compliant with our information security standards.
You will participate in projects supporting the strategic initiatives from various business stakeholders.
Additionally you will also assist in building out an internal support organization.
Working odd hours on occasion and traveling between offices (New York, London, Leuven) may be required. You report to the IT Manager who is located in Leuven, Belgium.
- Manage and maintain DataCamp’s internal infrastructure and SaaS Applications
- Ensure systems are compliant with internal security standards
- Document support and operations processes
- Support DataCamp Staff in their IT operations
- Manage User Access
- Ensure up-to-date Endpoint Security (Patch Management and Anti-Malware)
- Maintain accurate Asset Management records
- Execute projects to improve systems and operations
- Minimum of five years as an IT System Administrator, or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of Jamf Pro and MacOS
- Proficient with Linux (Amazon Linux, Ubuntu)
- Proficient in shell scripting
- Experience with AWS and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, …)
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products
- Sound knowledge of information and communications technology fundamentals
- Ability to help DataCamp employees solve hardware and software problems with Apple and other hardware products including laptop, desktop, phones, accessories and macOS software
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications, including Google Workspace, MS Office, OneLogin and other commonly used SaaS systems (Salesforce, Airtable, …), and the ability to train and support employees on their use
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, needs to be a problem solver
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally to remote offices
Nice to have’s
- Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote
- Jamf Certified Admin or Jamf Certified Expert
- Experience with Ubiquiti Unifi network equipment
- Experience with monitoring tools like DataDog
- Experience working in an ISO 27001 or SOC2 certified environment
What's in for you
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a personal development budget and external training.
- Flexible working hours.
- International company retreats (when the world opens up)
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
- Generous benefit package, more details and depends on location
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all