DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering, and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Mobile Engineer to help us build the best app to learn data science on the planet. Working on the mobile platform is an incredible occasion to impact DataCamp's mission to democratize data science education. More people are learning on mobile devices than ever before, and we have a massive opportunity to build a mobile experience that will increase access and increase the efficacy of our platform for learners all around the world.
Excited about playing a critical role in contributing to the mobile product's technical direction and expanding the mobile learning experience? Find out more about the role below and apply to join our team!
- Help us build the best mobile platform to learn and teach Data Science.
- Contribute a significant stake to the technical direction of the mobile product
- Work with the latest front and backend technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Improve existing learning features as well as build new ones from the ground up.
- Take ownership over several components in our microservices architecture.
- Interact closely with team members to build things that scale.
- Inspire and grow the engineers around you through support, coaching, and mentoring
What we’re looking for?
- You have 3+ years of mobile development experience and applications launched successfully using technologies like React Native, GraphQL and NodeJS
- You have an intuitive understanding of common performance problems in mobile applications such as excessive rerendering, dropped frames, and memory leaks
- You have ideas on creating a robust release-strategy with technologies such as CodePush, incremental rollouts, and release health monitoring
- You know how to build an awesome mobile CI pipeline with automated releases and end-to-end testing
- You have experience with rolling up your sleeves and writing Swift/Objective-C or Java/Kotlin when required
- You have practical experience with strongly-typed languages such as Flow or TypeScript.
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- You have a pragmatic approach to solving problems and a results-oriented mindset
- You are interested in data science and education.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)