DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As the Head of Curriculum, you would oversee and manage the core curriculum and curriculum expansion teams, ensuring we consistently hit our ambitious targets and exceed our high standards for quality. You’d be setting the pedagogical vision and strategy for which curriculum areas to expand into, while ensuring you have the right team and processes to get there.
You’d also be managing and building instructor relationships, not just with the 300 instructors who have currently built content on DataCamp, but also contracting with about 100 new instructors per year.
This position is ideal for someone with proven people and process management experience, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage the Core Curriculum and Curriculum Expansion teams, while working laterally with the Assessment Content team. Mentor and coach team members and assist with their professional development.
- Ensure high-quality and effective content deliverables are met in line with company priorities and OKRs.
- Work with the team to manage the end-to-end processes: scope projects, integrate usability studies, build data-driven workflows, synthesize results and evangelize a learner-centric culture.
- Provide thought leadership on the future of data science and data fluency education
- Devise creative strategies to attract relevant and high-profile instructors including attending and presenting at conferences and meetups, content marketing, instructor success initiatives, etc.
- Assess instructor candidates to ensure they align with DataCamp’s pedagogy and vision, while guiding them through the audition and contracting processes.
- Drive the pedagogical vision for DataCamp and use human-centered design principles to research, create, and prioritize our curriculum roadmap in new content areas that will help us expand our reach and user base (i.e. business intelligence tools, cloud computing, advanced statistics, Excel, etc.)
- Communicate this roadmap to key internal and external stakeholders and implement feedback on an ongoing basis
- Curate and prioritize learning pathways for new and existing learner personas
- Operationalize and formalize internal processes and documentation to ensure high quality content is delivered in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Support Product and Go-to-Market teams to ensure content adoption and retention
- Support commercial teams with professional services for enterprise customers including onboarding, content recommendations, needs assessments, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
This position is ideal for someone with strong people management skills and a passion for data skills education, who wants to join a fast-growing scale-up that’s training the next generation of data enthusiasts!
- 4+ years of management experience with 3+ direct reports
- 2+ years of programming experience with Python, SQL and/or R
- Strong understanding of the data science landscape. Knowledge of the EdTech space is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and prioritize decisions based on data
- Strong project management skills
- Has developed educational content, ideally for an online platform
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, both written and verbal, enabling you to build a strong network in the data science community
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment with multiple responsibilities
- Network in the data science, R, and/or Python communities is a plus
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at a high-growth innovative company
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more, take a look at our EEO and Anti - Harassment Policy.