DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the role
The position will work with our Content team to develop an online course. The Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for developing and providing technical content for online training courses. The position is a contract position to work as a consultant. The SME must have demonstrated expertise in the subject area as shown by professional and/or teaching experience, publications, etc.
*Please note that this is a part-time, contract, remote position.
The days of learning data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when a student’s hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
The Consultant will be responsible for providing a detailed course outline and drafting exercises for a specific course as determined by DataCamp.
Final SME Deliverables
- Course outline to include:
- 4-6 measurable learning objectives that students will be expected to learn by the end of the chapter.
- The terms introduced in each chapter.
- The dataset(s) used in each chapter’s screencasts and exercises.
- The different applications, services, or websites you plan on using
- Content for 4 chapters, developed sequentially. Each chapter has one lesson that contains:
- a conceptual video
- two screencasts
- 5-7 exercises.
- Dedicated weekly meeting with the Content team during development to review progress.
For more details about the audition process please refer to the this article.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.