DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering, and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to join the Product-Led Growth team. You will work on making the learning experience on DataCamp more engaging, social and fun, ultimately enabling more learners to achieve their goals and become champions for DataCamp within their organizations.
In your role you will have the opportunity to work across all of DataCamp’s products to identify the most impactful improvements to make. You will then be able to take those projects from inception to execution, working closely with product managers, designers, data scientists and other engineers.
- Take ownership of problems end-to-end to deliver features that users will love.
- Use data to ensure that we are moving in the right direction as we work.
- Work with the latest front and backend technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Interact closely with team members to build things that scale.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are a product-minded engineer who is passionate about building products that people love to use.
- You have 2+ years of web development experience on both frontend and backend.
- You write clean, maintainable, performant and testable code.
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- You have a problem-solving and results-oriented mindset.
- You are interested in data science and education.
- It’s a plus if you have experience using modern frontend framework such as React or Vue.
- It’s a plus if you have experience with TypeScript.
- It’s a plus if you have experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI.
What's in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!)
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
If you are interested in this role, but are not sure if you meet all the requirements, please do apply anyway!
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role. We are happy to consider remote candidates within a comparable timezone.