About DataCamp and the role
DataCamp has always been about building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. However, many of our learners face significant struggles as they start actually doing data work. From setting up your machine, over proper sharing controls and collaboration, to deploying insights for others to see and figuring out which insights are still up to date: the full data science workflow is daunting for the citizen data scientist.
Just like learning data science, doing data science work should be easy, enjoyable, and collaborative. With DataCamp Workspace, we want to enable anyone, from anywhere and on any device, to access relevant data online, and to create visualizations, reports, and dashboards from their favorite tool or IDE and share it with fellow data professionals. We want to enable teams to seamlessly collaborate online in real time as well as asynchronously. We want teams to have basic version and quality control automatically built in. The end result should be a centralized insights layer for organizations of any size. In other words, we want to make it as easy to do data science on your own (or your company’s) data as it is to take a DataCamp course. Check out this blog post for more background information about why we’re building DataCamp Workspace.
We are looking for exceptional engineers to help us build DataCamp Workspace. If you like challenges, want to learn a lot, and aren’t afraid to compete with much larger organizations, continue reading.
As a full-stack software engineer you will join a startup within a startup: a team of excellent product engineers, alongside an embedded product manager and designer. You will take ownership of problems end-to-end to architect, develop and deliver product features that users will love. You’ll work in the frontend (React), backend (TypeScript) and infrastructure (Kubernetes, containerd, Docker, AWS) technologies to solve challenging problems every day.
Our ideal candidate
- You are a product-minded engineer who is passionate about building products that people love to use.
- You have a strong technical background combined with a healthy dose of pragmatism and MVP thinking.
- You have 3+ years of web development experience using technologies like React, NodeJS, on both frontend and backend.
- You have 2+ years of development experience with Python (bonus if you also have experience with R)
- You write clean, maintainable, performant, and testable code.
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- You have a problem-solving and results-oriented mindset.
It’s a plus if
- You are interested in data science and/or education.
- You have experience in the Jupyter ecosystem.
- You have development experience with R.
- You have experience with Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, and CircleCI.
What's in it for you
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!)
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
If you are interested in this role, but are not sure if you meet all the requirements, please do apply anyway!
For this position, we are considering candidates in either our Leuven or London offices as well as fully remote within European timezones.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.