Join our team
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
DataCamp's engineering team consists of multiple product teams, that consist of an embedded product manager, an engineering lead, and a group of individually contributing engineers.
To facilitate this we have a highly automated CI/CD pipeline based on CircleCI which allows developers to ship what they build, increasing deployment speed and ownership. Through good documentation and incrementally improving and adding deploying, updating, monitoring and self-healing features to the toolchain, we want to continue to enhance developer productivity, scalability, availability and security.
It will be your role as a part of the Infrastructure team to enable these product squads to deploy their applications as seamlessly as possible. You will be managing company wide shared resources which support our microservice architecture, and building upon internal services. The team has a strong direction towards providing self serve systems for deployment and infrastructure provisioning, and aim to support other teams using these services rather than being a central bottleneck in the company. You will play a key part in planning future improvements and owning your day to day work.
Besides providing means for other product squads to deploy their applications as seamlessly as possible, the infrastructure team takes ownership of the backend services executing our data science workload on the platform (Python, R, SQL, ..). Evolutions towards more complex multi-tenant deployment models are envisioned and will be pivotal for the growth of DataCamp.
The ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years of administering/maintaining DevOps related tools (AWS, Docker, CI/CD, K8s)
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Is interested in understanding and scaling complex systems
- Is interested in monitoring and self healing systems
- Is highly organised with a flexible, can-do attitude and a willingness/aptitude for learning
- Improves the team with code reviews, technical discussions and documentation
- Is able to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
It's a plus if
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have experience with Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Cloudformation, etc)
- You have experience with API-gateways or service meshes (Kong, Istio, etc)
- You are passionate about data science and education
What's in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Stock options
- A well organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role.