DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
With an ever growing content library and product initiatives, our Product & Content team for the Learning platform is in need of a Data Scientist to help us make data-driven decisions about our expansive curriculum, hands-on learner experience, and content development processes.
You will support multidisciplinary teams in becoming more data-driven. Your focus will be developing metrics, general KPI analysis, evaluating results from experiments, analyzing user behaviour, conducting research for new areas of possible improvements, and communicating all results and insights in the form of easy to understand dashboards and reports. Additionally, you’ll develop and enable valuable user-facing features such as data visualizations.
This position sits within the Learn Business Unit, and will also work closely with the core data science team at DataCamp.
The role is ideal for someone with proven data science and analysis experience, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using the correct representation of data to provide actionable insights for potential high impact projects
- Building dashboards to track team goals, KPI’s and experiments, and projecting future performance
- Ensure new initiatives are tracked properly throughout their lifecycle
- Maintain integrity of all data related to our product and content environments, and coordinate with data engineering to ensure the flow of data into the data lake
- Ensuring working data pipelines and architecture to power user-facing features
- Writing clearly communicated reports with insights that improve content efficacy and engagement
- Performing, analyzing, and communicating A/B tests focused on engagement and efficacy
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 3+ years experience as a data scientist or data analyst
- Is highly skilled in R and/or Python + SQL
- Has experience programming in R and/or willingness to learn
- Is a creative problem solver
- Has a willingness to work across teams and understand the needs of stakeholders
- Has a passion for education
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Flexible hours.
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!).
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).
We are fully remote until at least summer 2021, after which the role is based out of Leuven (Belgium) or London office.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.