DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
As a Business Analytics Curriculum Manager, you will directly contribute to DataCamp’s mission of democratizing data science education by building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. A typical day will involve working closely with instructors on designing courses for key vertical customers and learners, gathering critical input from stakeholders, and creating your own content. You will drive our content strategy forward by partnering closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver on the next phase of our curriculum expansion into business intelligence. You will develop content solutions and build significant relationships with subject matter experts in the field to execute on the huge market potential.
With strong technical competency in business intelligence tools (Tableau or Power BI), familiarity with data science languages (SQL, Python, or R), and the ability to collaborate effectively across functional groups, you will lead the development of business intelligence courses, from requirements gathering, planning, design, launch, maintenance and feedback.
In order to be effective in this role, you must have a sincere interest in education technology and data analytics as well as experience in project and/or product management.
In this role, you will focus on the following three areas:
- Curriculum Design & Content Creation
- Build and maintain courses on business analytics topics including technical courses on business intelligence tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, SQL) and conceptual courses.
- Own the curriculum roadmap for your portion of the curriculum (e.g., business intelligence tools, business analytics training).
- Use data, market research, and various inputs to inform curriculum decisions in a data-driven way.
- Content Liaison
- Collect and implement feedback on the content and learning experience of courses from internal and external sources.
- Design experiments and conduct user interviews with the Product team to improve the learning experience of business intelligence courses
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to solve technical issues and scope the technical feasibility of a course
- Liaise with commercial teams on content recommendations, marketing advice, etc.
- Project Management
- Assess subject matter experts who apply to become DataCamp instructors.
- Work closely with instructors to create detailed specifications for new courses
- Effectively set and hold instructors accountable for course deliverable deadlines.
The ideal candidate
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data analytics and education, who is entrepreneurial and wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of business analysts!
- 2+ years in a technical project management or product management role. Or, 3+ years in a business analyst, business intelligence analyst, or consultant role.
- Extensive experience with business intelligence tools, such as Power BI or Tableau. It's a plus if you have any certifications!
- Familiarity with Python or R and SQL
- Motivated and able to learn new technical topics, data tools, and programming languages fast.
- Able to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Capable of explaining these ideas to an eight-year-old
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Experience presenting at conferences or writing blog posts is a plus
- Know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the company
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to build and grow your data science network by working with and learning from experts in the field
- Opportunity to build the world’s most comprehensive data science training resource
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Working with a great team towards a shared goal (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret not being able to provide sponsorship for this role.