DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
About the Role
We’re looking for an SEO Content Manager to drive organic traffic and acquisition. You’ll identify content opportunities, then develop and execute a plan to produce and publish articles, blog posts, infographics, and videos. Day-to-day responsibilities include researching keywords, drafting content briefs, coordinating with copywriters, revising drafts, and tracking performance. The role is part of the Acquisition team focused on growing both individual subscriptions (B2C) and enterprise leads (B2B).
If you understand SEO fundamentals, can effectively project manage, and have a proclivity for copywriting and editing, apply now!
- Own SEO content strategy and execution with the goal of increasing organic traffic and ultimately organic acquisition (B2C subscriptions and B2B leads).
- Conduct keyword research to identify gaps and opportunities to develop content.
- Draft content briefs that outline topics to cover (keywords to focus on, queries to answer), content format (articles, infographics, videos), length, style, etc.
- Coordinate content creation with copywriters (and designers and videographers as needed) from various sources (in-house, freelance, agency) and ensure timely content production and delivery.
- Establish a content review process to ensure content is high quality, topically relevant, and maintains brand voice. Requires copy editing and coordination with in-house data science SMEs.
- Track performance of published content (organic traffic, kw ranking, CTR, organic acquisition, etc). Relentlessly test hypotheses, analyze results, and share and apply learnings.
- Develop and maintain SEO content roadmap to increase organic traffic and acquisition.
- Propose new ideas for content topics and content promotion.
- 3+ years SEO and content strategy experience.
- Foundational understanding of SEO, specifically content strategy and keyword research and analysis.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with rigorous attention to detail.
- Data-driven and analytical - we’re a data science company!
- Strong project management - highly organized and able to efficiently coordinate multiple projects and contributors.
- Familiar with data science technology (Python, R, SQL) and online learning/edtech.
- Creative and innovative - able to push the boundaries of how content can be used to acquire traffic and customers.
- Self starter with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Flexible hours.
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!).
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education. We are fully remote until at least summer 2021, after which the role is based out of our NYC or London office.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.