Join our team
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
DataCamp employs a cross-functional product team strategy where the teams are as autonomous as possible in building our platform. In order to enable these teams to deliver in a productive, scalable, available and secure way we have a skillful infrastructure team that focuses on providing this (DevOps, CI/CD practices, logging, monitoring, alerting etc.).
We are looking for a Head of Cloud Infrastructure that together with their team further shapes the infrastructure vision of DataCamp, driving productivity and autonomy of product teams, raises awareness on reliability (DR) and security, and supports our data infrastructure. You will be challenged as a programmer, as a systems designer, and as a manager of highly talented professionals.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years of leadership and management experience
- Has proven experience in managing high traffic web services that have to be fast, reliable, secure, and compliant.
- Is familiar with AWS and many of its commonly used services for hosting containerised applications.
- Has experience with cluster orchestration frameworks such as ECS, Kubernetes and related technologies such as Service Meshes (Kuma, Istio).
- Is passionate about DevOps, automation, developer productivity and security using IaC.
- Brings security experience related to OWASP, Vulnerability Management, DAST.
- Enjoys coding (Bash/Python/JS), planning, and people management.
- Has excellent communication skills.
It's a plus if
- You are passionate about data science and education.
- You have experience building data pipelines (ETL).
- You have worked in an environment that is ISO27001 compliant or equivalent.
- You are comfortable hopping on a call with our clients discussing architecture, disaster recovery, data retention, etc.
- You are flexible about working in an on-call rotation.
What we offer
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day.
- A competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible working hours.
- International company retreats every year
- Conference and hardware budget.
- Working with an eager and strong engineering team
For this position, we are not considering remote candidates. DataCamp will provide help and budget if you relocate.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.