DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
As a Core Curriculum Manager, you will directly contribute to DataCamp’s mission of democratizing data science education by building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. A typical day will involve working closely with instructors on designing courses for key vertical customers and learners, gathering critical input from stakeholders, and creating your own content. You will drive our content strategy forward by partnering closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver on the next phase of our core data science curriculum. You will develop content solutions and build significant relationships with key data science experts in the field to execute on the huge market potential.
With strong technical competency in Python or R and SQL, and the ability to lead and influence across functional groups, you will make data-driven decisions and lead complex projects to successful completion. You will also be involved in all phases of the course development process, including requirements gathering, planning, design, launch, maintenance, and feedback.
In order to be effective in this role, you must have a sincere interest in education technology and data science as well as experience in project and/or product management.
In this role, you will focus your time on the following three areas:
- Project Management
- Assess subject matter experts who apply to become DataCamp instructors.
- Work closely with instructors to create detailed specifications for new courses.
- Effectively set and hold instructors accountable for course deliverable deadlines.
- Curriculum Design & Content Creation
- Build courses on core curriculum areas such as R, Python, SQL, and more.
- Own the data science curriculum roadmap for your portion of the curriculum (i.e. R, Python, SQL, and Spreadsheets).
- Use data, market research, and various inputs to inform curriculum decisions
- Content Liaison
- Collect and implement feedback on course design from internal and external sources.
- Design experiments with Product team to drive discoverability of existing content.
- Liaise with commercial teams on content recommendations, advice, etc.
The ideal candidate
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data science and education, who is entrepreneurial and wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists!
- 2+ years in a technical project management or product management role
- Strong technical understanding of Python or R, and SQL
- Ability to pick up new programming languages fast
- Able to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Capable of explaining these ideas to an eight-year-old
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Experience presenting at conferences or writing blog posts is a plus
- Know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the company
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to build and grow your data science network by working with and learning from experts in the field
- Opportunity to build the world’s most comprehensive data science training resource
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Working with a great team towards a shared goal (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret not being able to provide sponsorship for this role.
We are open to remote candidates in a comparable timezone.