DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role:
We are open to remote candidates in a comparable timezone.
- Help us build the best platform to learn and teach Data Science.
- Work with the latest front end technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Improve existing applications as well as build new applications from the ground up.
- Take ownership over several components in our microservices architecture.
- Interact closely with team members to build things that scale.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You have 4+ years of professional web development experience focusing on front-end development
- You have extensive experience with modern front-end frameworks like ReactJS or VueJS
- You can mentor and guide other engineers on code quality, best practices, maintainability, etc
- You can show ownership of a product or feature.
- You can write clean, maintainable, performant, and testable code.
- You are passionate about working in an agile product-oriented organization.
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- You have a problem-solving and results-oriented mindset.
- You are interested in data science and education.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI is a bonus.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or TypeScript is a plus.
- Experience with back-end development or are open to developing this.
What's in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role. We are happy to consider remote candidates within a comparable timezone.