DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering, and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Ruby Engineer to help us improve and evolve many critical backend parts related to finance, authentication, and sales enablement. You will be part of a great team, building applications, and solving technical challenges every single day!
- Help us build the best billing platform to enable DataCamp to drive more revenue efficiently.
- Work with the latest technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Improve existing applications as well as build new applications from the ground up.
- Take ownership of several components in our microservices architecture.
- Interact closely with team members to build services that scale.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally, you have 7+ years of web development experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Payment Providers and CRM is a bonus (Zuora/Braintree/Salesforce).
- You are able to write clean, maintainable, performant and testable code.
- You are experienced in test-driven development.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI or equivalent.
- You have architected new solutions from scratch or have adapted existing ones to be future-proof.
- You can show ownership of a product or feature.
- You are proactive and show initiative based on desired outcomes
- You are passionate about data science and education.
- You can work well in a remote setting/team.
What's in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
For this position, we are considering candidates in either our Leuven or London office as well as fully remote within European timezones.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.