DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As a Content Developer, it’s your responsibility to work closely with our expert instructors to build the best data science courses the world has ever seen! You will manage all aspects of the course development process following the Core Curriculum team’s initial planning phase, acting as a reviewer, thought partner, and (most importantly) an advocate for our students.
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data science and education, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists and building the world’s best network of data science instructors.
- Provide critical feedback on specs for new courses
- Manage the course development process from post-planning through course launch
- Work closely with course instructors to make courses interactive and engaging
- Keep instructors on schedule
- Write automated tests in Python and R to provide personalized feedback for students
- Make data-driven suggestions for course improvements based on student feedback and engagement data
The ideal candidate
- Has 1+ years data science/statistics/machine learning experience
- Is comfortable programming in Python and/or R
- Enjoys working with other people and interacting with subject matter experts
- Is passionate about online education
- Has completed online courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Is extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Enjoys giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has a strong command of English, both written and verbal
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to build and grow your data science network by working with and learning from experts in the field
- Opportunity to build the world’s most comprehensive data science training resource
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Working with a great team towards a shared goal (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret not being able to provide sponsorship for this role.