DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
DataCamp is a cloud-oriented company with a global presence. Most of our employees are located in 3 locations: New York (US), Leuven (BE) and London (UK). Our team is comprised of people with varying skill sets from technical devops engineers to enthusiastic sales people.
It will be your role as a part of the IT team to enable and support them to do their tasks with the least amount of interruption possible. You will play a key part in planning future improvements and owning your day to day work. You will also work closely with members of the Infrastructure Engineering team, who maintain the infrastructure of our e-learning platform.
Based out of our New York office, you’re main focus will be on the IT related aspects of the US office (eg. hardware issues, network configuration, interactions with local suppliers). Additionally you will be responsible for supporting some of our company wide applications and suites (eg. G Suite, Atlassian, OneLogin). This means that you will need to work odd hours on occasion and travel may be required. You report to the IT Manager who is located in Leuven, Belgium.
- Support DataCamp employees in resolving problems with IT, AV and Communications systems.
- Document support and operations processes.
- Manage hardware and software purchasing.
- Maintain accurate Asset Management records.
- Execute projects to improve systems and operations.
- Minimum of two years as an in-house IT Support Engineer, or equivalent experience.
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Sound knowledge of information and communications technology fundamentals.
- Ability to help DataCamp employees solve hardware and software problems with Apple and other hardware products including laptop, desktop, phones, accessories and macOS software.
- Knowledge of administration of Apple computer products using enterprise management tools.
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications, including G-Suite, MS Office, OneLogin and other commonly used SaaS system, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Experience with a scripting language.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, need to be a problem solver.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to travel to remote offices (UK, Belgium).
- Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Maintenance Technician (ACMT)
- Experience with Windows
- Experience with Mac MDM tools (Munki, Addigy)
- Experience with Ubiquiti Unifi network equipment
- Experience with AWS and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, …)
What's in for you
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats every year
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.