Full-Stack Engineer - Content Discovery
Join our team
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, millions of students around the world have completed over 200 million DataCamp exercises to date.
As our content library keeps on expanding, we want to ensure that our users can easily find the content that's most relevant to their learning journey. This is where the Content Discoverability squad comes in. Our goal is to make that learning journey as smooth as possible. Some of our past work includes improving the performance and effectiveness of our search pages, developing our tracks feature, experimenting with course recommendations, and optimizing our navigation.
Typically, we work in a data-driven fashion and set our goals according to the metrics we want to impact. As part of the team, you will be able to contribute to which goals we set as well as which projects and experiments we'll take on to reach those goals.
Our ideal candidate
- Is passionate about delivering a great user experience, backed by maintainable code
- Has experience in React/VueJS/Angular or single page applications in general
- Can work both on the front-end and the back-end
- Has excellent communication and feedback skills
- Can work well in a team, while also being able to take initiative and self-organize
- Is result oriented
It's a plus if
- You are passionate about data science and education
- You are proactive and show initiative based on desired outcomes
- You love taking ownership of a product or feature
- You are experienced in test-driven development
- You have experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI
What we offer
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will provide you with opportunities to master your craft
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats every year
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- A hardware budget
For this position, we are not considering remote candidates, but we are flexible in terms of working from home. More specifically,we would like people to spend at least 3 days in our Belgian office (in Leuven) every week. DataCamp will provide help and budget if you have to relocate.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.